Merit and Need Based Scholarships are provided to the students of KICSIT.
Merit Scholarships for Students of 1st Semester
On the basis of admission test merit list, including the previous career and marks in the NTS (NAT) Test (having 70% or above marks), the top three students will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 10000.00 for the semester.
Merit Scholarships for Students of 2nd to 8th Semesters
The top three positions holders in the University End Semester Examination will be awarded respectively 100%, 75% and 50% tuition fee waivers. These positions will be worked on the basis of Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA), of the previous semester. In case two or more students obtain the same SGPA, then the percentages of their obtained marks in previous semester will be considered to decide their position.
Need Based Scholarships
KICSIT will provide financial support to talented needy students in the form of concession in Fees, Funds and Scholarships. The package will comprise of
- Half or full tuition fee waiver, depending upon the financial status of the applicant.
- Transport charges, if using transport.
- Rs.1000.00 per month stipend from start to end of the semester.
Eligibility Criteria for Need Based Scholarship:
- The applicant should be student of 2nd to 8th semesters.
- The applicant should have obtained SGPA of 3.00 or above.
- The applicant should be paying Non-KRL and Non-SPD fees.
- The applicant should submit application form at the start of the semester along with all relevant documents
- Total number of scholarships should not exceed 5% of the enrolled students for that semester.
- Scholarships will be awarded for only one semester but can be re-availed in subsequent semesters, if the need prevails and the student will have to put up fresh application.
- In case, applicant is also eligible for KICSIT merit scholarships then he/she can choose either merit scholarship or need-base scholarship. Only one scholarship is allowed at a time.
- Decision for the award of scholarships and amounts will be made on case to case basis which will be decided by Scholarship Award Committee.